Paints & Coatings Resource Center

Ask the Expert Question-and-Answer Archive

by Ron Joseph

October, 2002

Paints and Coatings Expert Witness

Q. I am the building manager for a large building complex in Texas. Recently we had our buildings painted and soon thereafter we started to see paint flaking off the interior office walls. The painting contractor says that he did everything according to the vnedor's instructions, and he doesn't want to take any responsibility for the paint failure. I've had meetings with our lawyers and they have asked if I can locate an expert witness to work on the case with us. How do I go about this?

A.Your problem is very common and I hear this all too often. The best way I know how to find coatings experts is via the Internet. In additrion, some law firms have directories of experts and you can access them for free, whereas in many cases you will be required to first subscribe as a member and pay for the directory service. Two such directories are and For your information, I provide expert services, and if you are interested please visit my website, where you will find an abundance of information that will help you decide how to proceed.

What's New | About PCRC | Compliance Assistance | Regulations | Technical Info | News | Homeowners | Search | Disclaimer | Home

©2012 Paints and Coatings Resource Center