Paints & Coatings Resource Center

Ask the Expert Question-and-Answer Archive

by Ron Joseph

March, 2006

Intumescent Coating

Q. Can you direct me to a coating that will increase the fire resistance rating of gypsum wall board?

A. There are several companies that sell intumescent coatings and I do not have a preference for any. However, Ameron is one of the reputable companies, and my contact at that company is Paul Whitehead.

Best wishes,

Ron Joseph

What's New | About PCRC | Compliance Assistance | Regulations | Technical Info | News | Homeowners | Search | Disclaimer | Home

©2012 Paints and Coatings Resource Center