Paints & Coatings Resource Center

Ask the Expert Question-and-Answer Archive

by Ron Joseph

January, 2002

HVLP Touchup Spray Gun

Q. I have been researching spray guns on the internet recently and am having trouble finding one that is good for my application. I work with batteries and am looking for a gun that will spray an epoxy-polyamide coating with a small spray pattern (1/2" diameter or close to that) Do you have any suggestions on what spray gun I may be looking for.

A. You will probably want to use an HVLP touch-up spray gun. This has a narrow pattern but its fluid flow rate is limited. Such guns are available from ITW Finishing Systems, Air Verter and other gun manufacturers.

If this is for large scale production finishing then you might need something else. If this is the case, please send me more details.

What's New | About PCRC | Compliance Assistance | Regulations | Technical Info | News | Homeowners | Search | Disclaimer | Home

©2012 Paints and Coatings Resource Center