Paints & Coatings Resource Center

Ask the Expert Question-and-Answer Archive

by Ron Joseph

February, 2008

Obtaining a Permit

Q: I'm moving into a building M1 and want to put a paint booth in? I need to know who to go to first to get permits and what steps i need to take for permiting my paint booth?

A: In my opinion you need to go to your local Fire Marshall who will tell you exactly what he requires before he will give you a permit. In addition, you might need to go to your local or state air pollution control agency. The agency might have permit regulations to insure that you don't emit paint particles into the air.


Ron Joseph

What's New | About PCRC | Compliance Assistance | Regulations | Technical Info | News | Homeowners | Search | Disclaimer | Home

©2012 Paints and Coatings Resource Center