Paints & Coatings Resource Center

Ask the Expert Question-and-Answer Archive

by Ron Joseph

February, 2006

Painting White Boards

Q. What can I use on ply partitioning to create a wall of white boards that writing can be easily erased?

A. I don't know of a specific paint, but generally high gloss two-component polyurethanes might do the trick. This is the type of coating that is used by auto body shops. You might want to visit a body shop and ask if they will paint a small piece of the partitioning for you. Then only after the coating has full cured, try using it as a white board and determine if the inks can be wiped off. Another alternative is for you to search the Internet for anti-graffiti coatings.

You might find that the coatings you need to use should be applied by professional painters who know how to use two-component coatings, and who wear the appropriate protective clothing. Some of these coatings are hazardous to the painter, and hence special protective clothing is necessary. If you decide to do the painting yourself, or if you have volunteers do the work, I strongly recommend that you read all the safety labels and abide by them!
I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Ron Joseph

What's New | About PCRC | Compliance Assistance | Regulations | Technical Info | News | Homeowners | Search | Disclaimer | Home

©2012 Paints and Coatings Resource Center